Work and research areas
strategy - sustainability implementation - performance measurement - management control
Building on best-practice study of over 140 companies worldwide, Dr. Rejc Buhovac, together with Marc J. Epstein, co-authored ‘Making Sustainability Work: Best Practices in Managing and Measuring Corporate Social, Environmental, and Economic Impacts – Second Edition’ (2014, Greenleaf Publishing Ltd.; Berrett-Koehler Publishers Inc.).
Dr. Rejc Buhovac co-authored a number of academic articles including:
- “Managing Social, Environmental and Financial Performance Simultaneously” (Long Range Planning),
- “Solving the Sustainability Implementation Challenge” (Organizational Dynamics), and
- “Why Nike Kicks Butt in Sustainability” (Organizational Dynamics).
Building on rigorous academic research, she regularly publishes managerial articles including:
- A New Day for Sustainability (Strategic Finance),
- Implementing Sustainability: The Role of Leadership and Organizational Culture (Strategic Finance),
- What's in IT for You and Your Company? (Journal of Accountancy), etc.
She has written a number of Management Accounting Guidelines for the AICPA (New York) and the CMA (Toronto):
- Performance Measurement of Not-for-profit Organizations,
- Identifying, Measuring, and Managing Organizational Risks for Improved Performance, and
- The Reporting of Organizational Risks for Internal and External Decision-making.
Download for free: